Chief Executive Officer, CDE Foundation
The CDE Foundation is seeking a highly-skilled executive with the ability to work across various levels of the educational system to become the next CEO of this innovative education organization. The ideal candidate has an exceptional track record in education policy, nonprofit management, and fundraising and can execute a vision in partnership with the State Superintendent of Public Instruction, the California Department of Education, and high-level education partners across the state. This leader must view education through an equitable lens and create a collaborative culture within CDEF. This leader must be adept at managing key funder, political, and stakeholder relationships. CDE Foundation currently has eleven full-time staff (including the CEO) disbursed throughout the state. The CEO must be based in California and occasional travel will be required to Sacramento and other locations for staff retreats, key partner events, or regional meetings.
- Overall strategic and operational responsibility for staff and programs of the Foundation, in alignment with the organizational mission and goals.
- Liaison and facilitate alignment between the Foundation and the California Department of Education shared priority initiatives.
- Requires an understanding of the complexity of labor management relations, oversight of a large annual conference and the California legislative and budget process.
- Experience with leading the development and execution of strategic plans that involve numerous stakeholders.
- Collaborate with the board of directors and staff to develop annual and long-term organizational goals, secure and allocate resources.
- Provide oversight of staff and contractors and maintain strong operations in resource development (fundraising), human resources, accounting, grant administration and organizational communications.
- Lead staff/team development to ensure a collaborative equitable workplace is an ongoing priority and central theme of all work. Serve as mentor/coach to individual staff
- Identify and evaluate statewide and local partnership and resource development opportunities.
Download and read the full job description here.
Californians Dedicated to Education Foundation is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values diversity. Recruiting staff to create an inclusive organization is a priority, and we encourage applicants from all backgrounds. Candidates are evaluated solely on their qualifications to perform the work required.
Interested candidates should submit their resume and cover letter to [email protected]. The deadline to apply is August 19, 2022.