The California STEM Symposium brings together 3000 teachers, administrators, students, higher education representatives, program providers, philanthropic representatives and industry representatives to engage them in STEM education by providing strategies and resources for program implementation. The Symposium has a special focus on increasing and supporting the participation of women and girls—as well as other underrepresented groups—in STEM fields. It also highlights leaders in classroom innovation from across the state and attract student teams to showcase critical thinking, problem solving, and teamwork.
2015 STEM Symposium
Save the Date
October 28 to October 30, 2015
Anaheim Convention Center
Symposium Focus Areas
- California State Superintendent of Public Instruction Initiatives: Blueprints for STEM, Education Technology, Educator Excellence, Schools of the Future
- Standards and Frameworks: Common Core State Standards, Next Generation Science Standards, Career Technical Education
- Equity and Access: Increasing gender and ethnic diversity, bridging the digital divide
- Career Preparation
- Curriculum and Instructional Practices
- Expanded Learning Time
- Improve STEM instruction by defining the “how” of how to teach and integrate STEM subject matter and how to make it relevant and engaging for all students.
- Connect teachers and organizations that are working to build tomorrow’s STEM workforce with like-minded partners and resources