The California STEM Symposium brings together thousands of teachers, administrators, students, higher education representatives, program providers, philanthropic representatives and industry representatives to engage them in STEM education by providing strategies and resources for program implementation. The Symposium has a special focus on increasing and supporting the participation of women and girls—as well as other underrepresented groups—in STEM fields. It also highlights leaders in classroom innovation from across the state and attract student teams to showcase critical thinking, problem solving, and teamwork.
Learn more about the 2015 California STEM Symposium at www.STEMCalifornia.org!
Pre-registration is closed. You can still register for the Symposium at the Anaheim Convention Center starting at 4 p.m. on Wednesday, October 28. Full payment is required at the time of registration.
Thank you to our sponsors!
For the third year in a row, Chevron is the premier sponsor of the California STEM Symposium!
We are also grateful to:
- Diversity, Girls, and Inclusion in STEM
- Business, Community, and Post-Secondary Partnerships
- STEM Learning Across Disciplines
- STEM in Out-of-School/Expanded Learning and Pathways
- STEM and the Arts
- Leadership in STEM
Symposium Focus Areas
- California State Superintendent of Public Instruction Initiatives: Blueprints for STEM, Education Technology, Educator Excellence, Schools of the Future
- Standards and Frameworks: Common Core State Standards, Next Generation Science Standards, Career Technical Education
- Equity and Access: Increasing gender and ethnic diversity, bridging the digital divide
- Career Preparation
- Curriculum and Instructional Practices
- Expanded Learning Time
- Improve STEM instruction by defining the “how” of how to teach and integrate STEM subject matter and how to make it relevant and engaging for all students.
- Connect teachers and organizations that are working to build tomorrow’s STEM workforce with like-minded partners and resources