The California STEAM Symposium invites families to join us for Family Day, which is designed for parents and their children. Enjoy a day of learning, joy, laughter, and inspiration at the California STEAM Symposium. Family Day is only $45! Sunday, Dec. 13 from 9am – 1pm PT.
OUR FAMILY DAY KEYNOTES!
Dianna Cowern, aka “Physics Girl”
To be eligible to win a spot in a small group Q&A with her, register today to give yourself the gift of scientific joy! Dianna Cowern is the creator and host of the viral “Physics Girl” web series with over 1.7 million subscribers, whose show has featured well-known figures including the legendary Rodney Mullen, Bill Nye, and Anne Wojcicki – founder of 23 and me. Dianna is sought after as a science communication expert as well as an in-demand speaker talking about the future of education and how to better relate to students using various media. In 2019, Dianna was named to the FORBES 30 under 30 list.
Darrion Nguyen, Founder of Lab Shenanigans
Darrion Nguyen uses his background in biochemistry, theater, and dance to create relatable lab videos along with educational science content under the name “Lab Shenanigans.” He previously worked as a research technician, where he studied a unique human neurodevelopmental disorder in mice. In the next couple of months, he is preparing to enter graduate school to pursue a Ph.D. in neuroscience.
Additional activities you can expect at Family Day!
- Learn from interactive and inspiring keynote speakers!
- Collaborate in a variety of hands-on STEAM and makerspace activities
- Engage with the Virtual Student Showcase. where elementary through high school students will demonstrate their STEAM projects
- Explore various sessions designed to make art, science, coding and math come alive for learners of all ages.
- Parents, kids, aunts and teachers – join us!
Questions? Email [email protected]
Register by December 4th and be eligible to receive Crayola Kits and Makey Makey Classic Kits from Office Depot!