The California Labor Management Initiative is excited to announce the Summer Institute with Michael Fullan and Pedro Noguera. This is a great opportunity to learn, share, and plan your work with your team for the next school year.
View the Summer Institute Agenda, Presentations, and Resource Links.
- What: The two-day Summer Institute is an opportunity for district and county office labor-management teams to convene over the summer and we are thrilled to be able to bring you together with national education leaders. We will have workshops with concurrent sessions on topics that districts have requested. We also look forward to districts presenting and sharing their journeys and insights.
- Who: The Summer Institute is geared towards labor-management leadership teams consisting of the Superintendent, the teachers’ union or association leader, the classified school employees’ union or association leader, and a school board member. Key central office or site leadership staff are also welcome to attend. Please see the cost information below.
- June 19: Pre-conference day for new districts (and new team members from existing LMI districts).
- June 20: Michael Fullan will be our keynote and spend the day in workshop sessions with district teams.
- June 21: Pedro Noguera will be our keynote with a focus on collaboration, climate, and equity. Districts will have additional team planning time and meet by region to build networks.
- Where: San Diego at the DoubleTree Hotel San Diego-Mission Valley.
- Booking a Hotel Room: Our hotel room block at the Doubletree San Diego-Mission Valley is sold out. However, you may still be able to find rooms at the Doubletree San Diego-Mission Valley through travel and hotel websites. Additional hotel rooms are available at the Handlery Hotel, a short 2 mile drive from the DoubleTree. Please call the Handlery and reference the CDE Foundation rate to get the special, reduced group rate. There is no official block, so rooms will be offered at the reduced rate as long as there is availability. The direct line for reservations is 1-800-676-6567 or call the main Handlery hotel line (619) 298-0511 and request reservations. The hotel will also honor this rate if your team books rooms for additional days before and after June 19 and June 20.
- Cost: FREE registration for up to 5 members of the labor-management leadership team, per attending district. Additional team members are welcome to attend at a cost of $150/additional person.
- Registration: Registration is full. Thank you for your interest. We hope to see you at future CA LMI events.
Questions? Please contact Angela Chang at email@example.com
Download a PDF version of this flyer.