- Location: Redwood City
- Salary: Permanent, full-time position; Competitive salary, commensurate with experience
- Application Deadline: April 2, 2018
- How to Apply: Email resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Include “Executive Assistant—(Your name)” in the subject line
Californians Dedicated to Education Foundation (CDE Foundation) is seeking an Executive Assistant for our Redwood City office. The Executive Assistant provides high-quality administrative support to the CEO, Chief Operating Officer (COO) and our dynamic organization. Under the direction of the CEO and reporting to the COO, the Executive Assistant is responsible for general office administration, calendaring, arranging travel and meetings for the CEO and supporting financial operations in order to ensure organizational effectiveness and efficiency. An ideal candidate has 2 plus years of administrative experience, and has strong communication skills, ability to multi-task, is highly organized and detail-oriented, and is a self-led administrative professional.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
Specifically, the Executive Assistant will:
- Manage the CEO’s calendar, schedule meetings and calls, arrange travel, “manage up” as needed with reminders and logistical details, and help prepare materials for meetings, reports and other related needs.
- Schedule and manage board meeting calendar; takes minutes at board meetings and distributes meeting notes/action items after each meeting.
- Support organization’s financial operations: process all checks and invoices, and reconcile expense reports and staff credit cards.
- Work with COO to gain high level understanding of programs and grants for processing of expenses and payments to ensure accuracy in reporting and financial statements.
- Provide logistical support to staff for program-related conferences and events, including preparation, on-site support and post-event follow-up as needed.
- Manage registration for large annual event of over 3,000 educators from all of the state: entails communication and coordination with event management company, attendees, and vendors.
- Plan and coordinate internal organizational meetings/events.
- Maintain organizational calendars regarding events, travel and vacation.
- General office management: answer phones and respond to general requests for information about the organization, process mail, maintain and update all files and records, order office supplies, and photocopy and scan as needed.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Organizational Skills: Outstanding time management skills and attention to detail, with a proven ability to plan ahead, prioritize tasks, and juggle multiple demands effectively.
- Communications Skills: Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication, and ability to prepare correspondence and synthesize meeting notes.
- Technology Skills: Strong technology skills: proficiency with Microsoft suite products and online cloud systems (e.g. Google forms and docs, Box); prior use of accounting software preferred e.g. Quickbooks, Xero, Bill.com.
- Problem Solving Skills: Ability to quickly understand a situation, use sound judgement, and choose an appropriate course of action.
- Flexibility and Adaptability: Skill in managing changing priorities and ad hoc requests from various members of the staff and external stakeholders. Able to work independently and work cooperatively in a team setting with our small but dynamic staff.
- People Savvy: Comfort and ability to communicate and interact with a range of stakeholders, including off-site staff, board members, donors, and external vendors. Exceptional customer service skills.
- Mission and Values Alignment: A desire to work in an organization that makes a positive difference, preferably with an interest in public education in California. Ability to thrive in a collaborative, feedback-driven and learning environment.
- 2-3 years full-time administrative experience, including some experience supporting financial operations
- Experience as an assistant supporting multiple, high-level executives; nonprofit experience is a plus
- Bachelor’s degree preferred, but not required
- Must have a valid driver’s license, car insurance and access to a vehicle
Californians Dedication to Education Foundation is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Applicants who contribute to a diverse work environment are strongly encouraged to apply.